Geschrieben am Juli 10 2020
Automated manufacturing systems could not be fully operational without one of the key elements - material handling conveyors. These mechanical devices safely and efficiently transfer parts and materials from station to station. Conveying machinery has a lot of different types, but it usually consists of a frame that depending on the material to be moved supports either wheels, rollers, or a belt and they may be powered by a gravity, motor or manually.
Understand your product
To find the perfect industrial conveying solution for your company, take time to evaluate, consider and even discuss with manufacturer these 7 key considerations:
- Material of the product - What is it and how does it behave? Does it require special handling requirements?
- Product parameters - Know your products size, weight and type being handled - unit or bulk.
- Environmental factors - What will be the environmental factors that may affect performance: high humidity, pressure, temperature, vibration, or flammable products in the facility?
- Space restrictions - Where will it be located: overhead, on-floor, or in-floor? Will it fit alongside existing equipment?
- Required action and speed - What is the main conveyor, component or system function? Is the movement speed important?
- Movement direction - Think about the direction of the conveyor, do you need it to be inclined or decline? Will the product's orientation change throughout the conveying process?
- Budget - What is the amount of money you can afford to buy a conveyer? To save money, consider purchasing a second hand conveyor system.
Considering all of the seven aspects above, will help you better understand your product, the environment it needs, and, therefore, make the right choice buying a proper conveyor system.
Choose conveying equipment that meets your needs
Depending on the above criteria, the conveyor system manufacturer or distributor can help you choose the most suitable type of conveyor. Some of the popular types of conveying machinery:
Pallet conveyors - transportation takes place with a fixed position pallet which rides on top of a chain set with rollers.
Belt conveyors - suitable for simple product transportation without part orientation. It is a conveyor belt rotating in an endless loop around pulleys.
Overhead conveyors - works best for automated paint systems, because parts are hooked to the overhead conveyor chain exposing most of the part surface area.
Precision index conveyors - during the transportation, parts are being oriented. Conveyor system enables high speed movement.
Seek expert advice from trustworthy manufacturers and conveyor system suppliers. Swedabo.se is a well-known used industrial conveyor equipment reseller, who will help you select the best conveying technology for your specific needs.